Sunday 8 September 2013

This is not quite what I intended to make.

Hi you lovely bloggers, once again I must compliment you all taking the time to comment on my Christmas Wreath Card.  It's wonderful that you find the time to make me a happy bunny by firstly viewing my blogs and secondly by leaving such complimentary comments.

I was browsing the Creative Expression Workshop to get some inspiration for a card and found this to make a Spellbinder Radiant Rectangle Double Easel Frame Card.  Well needless to say I did not have the dies they used and wanted to put my own slant on things and this is what I created.


 The full instructions on Creative Expressions Card can be found here.

My variation used Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles and Poppy Patch cut in half and adhered to both sides.  Tattered Lace Sentiment Die was used for Happy Birthday to You.  I sort of like the way differing fonts make the card more interesting.  The usual gems and bling from stash.  The card used was Creative Expressions Foundation Teal and Antique Gold.

Yesterday Hubby and I went for a wander round the shops, had a nice relaxing lunch and then back home to be greeted by two lonely dogs.  Mum, who dog sat, says that they did not move from the time we left the house till they heard the car drive up.  So no problem there then.  Today was "Lazy Sunday" only energy used was to prepare dinner, nice stroll with the dogs and I took Great Nephew, William with us, and cook dinner.  Who would have believed William will be one year old next month, boy is he progressing.  I see him all the time as his mum and dad live four houses round from us and I take him for a walk when I can.

Now that I have had a browse round your posts its time for bed, I think.  I spend a heck of a lot of time visiting the blogs I follow and once there, there are always more interesting blogs to visit and links to look at in case there is something I need to see. 

So once again thank you for taking the time to visit, it much appreciated.

Take care out there.

Wilma x x x x
 

15 comments:

  1. Love the design of your card Wilma and your lovely spellbinder dies . The two colours go together so well

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

  2. Wilma this is stunning, love how you have use that poppy patch die, and the colour.

    Hazel xxx

    P.S. I have lose my little picture to go with my name,still trying to work out what's happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Wilma. Great use of the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wilma
    Amazing card. The colours are lovely and the use of the poppy die is inspired.
    Fab!!!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wilma the colours you have chosen are lovely! The teal and the gold are stunning what a beautiful card huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Wilma in lovely colours!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this Wilma, fabulous design, your colours are beautiful they work so well together, gorgeous dies.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Wilma,
    Stunning Card, love the colours and the use of the dies. Just great.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Wilma, this is an absolutely beautiful card. I love the colours, these are not colours that I would even think of using, but they go so well together. Love it. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very classy and stylish, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wilma, a stunning card, beautiful colour and I love the poppy dies. Fab easel shape too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card Wilma and great use of your dies with a lovely colour combo.
    You'd be right in saying crumble isn't on the SW agenda...but we can't be good all the time! LOL. I can not resist a crumble but I did have low fat ice-cream with it.....which of course made all the difference!
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card Wilma, I love what you have done.
    I have the worksheet for this but have not attempted it as yet.
    Mmmmm! Me thinks crumple would be a No! No! But as long as you enjoyed it.
    Life is too short to miss out on some of the good things now and again
    Have a great day

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the way youadapted it to use your own dies Wilma.It is all too easy to spend a fortune by buying new dies when with a little thought ..... Your card looks really great. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Wilma, the teal and gold are beautiful and I love how you've used the dies..brilliant! Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete