Saturday 26 January 2013

Fraser's 4th Birthday Card

How wonderful it is to read all the generous comments posted on my cards.  It makes my day to read your comments and browse your Blogs.  I only wish when someone looks at our cards they leave a comment and then we would really get a review on our work.  When I see 50 odd visits and only 17 comments it makes me wonder what the other views thought of my cards, Oh well not much I can do about that but believe it ladies I really love reading your comments.  I have been a bit lax at leaving comments myself this week.  Although I have had loads of time to craft I have been mooning around thinking about it and not doing much about it. 

My card today is for my nephew's son Fraser who will be four years old on 12 Feb, that was my sons birthday as well so it means a lot to me. Fraser was born profoundly deaf and has been fitted with Cochlear implants and can hear, now it is just taking time for him to learn to communicate.  His parents use a mixture of sign and speech and you can tell he understands and if he does not want to do anything boy he reacts just the same as a hearing child, tantrum time.  He is a gorgeous, loving little boy and he rules the roost at home as he bosses is two older brothers around and all of us too.

 
 
Ingredients
 
8 X 8 Card
All coloured card and candy from stash
LOTV Image (already coloured) I inked round with Antique Linen Distressed Ink
4 today and name cut on Cricut Mini
Spellbinder Grand Labels One
 

Thought I would add a bit of interest by showing my two dogs laying around waiting for the snow to go.  They loved it when the snow was fresh but now it is hard and icy, I think it must hurt their paws, as they do not rush to get out any more.

 
Shaolin and Mei Li wishing the snow would go now
 
Also there was an unexpected object in the sky today, the sun, and what a difference it made.  Brighten up my spirits and warmed me when walking the dogs.

What is that bright thing in the sky?
 
Well ladies that's my lot for tonight, I am off to comment on your lovely creations and make another card for Fraser for my Mum to give to him.  I feel I should get my finger out and do more just hope the feeling lasts until I finish browsing and that I am not distracted by anything I find of interest in your blogs ie other sites to visit or suggestions made by you all.
 
As usual ladies wrap up warm and take care (just looked out the window and we now have a bit of rain so the snow will go soon hopefully).
 
Wilma x x x


 

19 comments:

  1. lovely card Wilma. Our snow has finally disappeared and not a moment too soon I love the way you've layered your card and of course love that image
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layering and design, love the dotty paper and colouring. many times I am too tired to comment on blogs but still find it relaxing to wander about. Also I get distracted easily and have FM memory. You can be certain we enjoy your cards and photos.xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wilma, from a very wet Ayrshire. What a wonderful card for a four year old and I bet he loves it too. I had my first day out in a month to-day as my daughter Annie took her Dad to have his Carpel Tunnel operation this morning. We then went to Dunelm Mill and had a lovely lunch there too. I managed to spend more than I should have as they keep lots of crafty things. Hope you and those lovely doggies keep warm and cozy this week-end. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wilma this is one of my fave LOTV images for a boy ever!!! and he will love this card its absolutely gorgeous I love the layout and the colours:))) Our snow is thawing now and quite hard and Ollie isnt keen either hope we dont get anymore huggles hun xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card Wilma, bet he`ll love this cute image,..pam

    ReplyDelete

  6. Wilma. Your card for Fraser is just right for a little boy, we some times forget they are still little and get cards that are to old for them, just love it. Your dogs look so cute just lying there. Like you I saw that strange thing in the sky to day, it was a wonderfull sight but I don't think we will see it tomorrow as it is raining heavy now. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvellous card Wilma - just a great image for a little boy. Thank goodness we did not have any snow at all but plenty of rain and that has finally stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card for a wee boy Wilma. I'm sure Fraser will love it.

    I know what you mean about seeing that lots of people have looked at a post but very few have commented. It makes me feel that my cards must be really horrible if hardly anyone comments!

    I think one of the worst things about blogging is seeing something you "need" on someone's blog and wandering off to check out where to buy it!!

    Hardly any snow here now but still some ice around. Doesn't bother my dogs but then they're two daft Labradors.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wilma....Fraser will love his card such a fun image and a super layout and colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Wilma,
    Fantastic card for a little boy, love the colours and the beautiful layout.
    I too often wonder about all those people who obviously look in on my Blog but never leave a message.
    Makes me think that what I post is rubbish and they have not the heart to leave a comment.
    I had well over 100 hits on the Tutorials for the Rose and Gift Bag which I take it was people coming back to have another look, that I can understand.
    Have a great day and maybe just maybe that thing in the sky you saw yesterday might appear again but don't hold your breath on that.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card & dogs! I look at yours and patricias blog every day but don't usually have the time to leave a comment. I have been impressed with everything I have seen on both your blogs, I bet thats the same for lots of other visitors.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love LOTV for boy's images and this card you have made is great Wilma. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post Wilma, I really enjoyed reading about Fraser, it's great what the medical world can do nowadays, so pleased Fraser has hearing now. love the photos of your two doggies, they look pretty miffed off not being able to get out.

    I love your card and I love LOTV boy stamps, always gorgeous. Your colours are wonderful and I'm sure Fraser will love it. Have a good Sunday, me... well I'm off to work soon, take care, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wilma,
    such a superb card, so apt for a little boy. Love your design and paper used. So sorry to hear about his hearing probs, but he sounds like hes adapting very well.
    I love the pics of the dogs on their chairs, and also your funny mention about the sun.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous card, I love the image and the colours and layout are brilliant.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos too.
    Enjoy the rest of the day
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card Wilma! This is one of my favourite LOTV boy stamps/images,Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Wilma, love your card, great image and fab colouring. Great pic of the dogs too. My word you've got plenty of snow there, we've not had any for a week now even though living in the North of Scotland!
    Stay warm and cosy.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete