Saturday 24 August 2013

Where does all the time go?

WOW look at my followers, I have finally reached 50 followers and thank you Lydia for joining my happy crafty bunch of mates.  You are so welcome and I hope you enjoy the little gems I create. Well they are gems to me as I never believed I could make cards and it is only with the help and guidance of my fellow bloggers that I am able to do so.  So thank you one and all


Goodness had a bit of a rush this week, seems everyone wanted a card, like today!  My brother-in-law phoned from Billingham, could I make two 60th Wedding Anniversary cards, fancy (his words) and in a box.  Well the brain went into overdrive and I decided to use my usual trusted designs that went down well for Mother's Day as I do not know the recipients and have no idea what they would like.

My sister asked for two Baby Boy cards for her and a friend and two Baby Girl cards for one of her clients.  Luckily I had some baby cards prepared (I previously posted them) and only had to finish them off and make boxes for them.  My sister is the type to say if she does not like a card and I always have a bit of trepidation making cards for her, she is my younger sister but she intimidates me at times. I never feel the need to antagonise people, quiet life for me, but she really tries me at times.  Thank goodness they were up to her expectations.  I often wonder if she thinks I can pull a rabbit out of a hat as she never gives much notice of her needs/wants. 

My neighbour Laura, has a lovey daughter named Katie, and ages ago she asked if I could show her how to make gift bags and cards.  As I had all my crafting goodies out I invited her over on Thursday evening to have a girly night crafting.  She grasped thing quite quickly and as we were in a bit of a rush I cut everything out and she stuck it together but I explained each step to her along the way.  She made a gift bag and a card and guess what I forgot to take a photograph of her with her makes but will get her back tomorrow with them and will post a photo soon.

I also made another card, which has no sentiment on it yet as I will wait to seen if anyone wants it and then it can be personalised or use it myself later.


8 x 8 white card fold for an easel card
Spellbinders Grand Decorative Circles One
Heartfelt Creations  Decorative Butterfly Corner (the larger of the two)
Card and backing paper from stash
Flowers from local craft store
Pearls, ribbon and heard from stash
 
I am now searching for verses for the Wedding Anniversary cards, any suggestions as to where I can find appropriate verses online.   I like to give a few choices so I tend to prepare a few for each card and use either sticky pads or tape on the back and leave it to the person who orders the cards to choose what one is most appropriate.  I know time consuming but I like to give people choices.
 
Lana, the bride to be, just called in to say she loved her heart gift and it is proudly displayed.  Friday is Wedding Day and I am so looking forward to the evening reception as she, her sister and friends are a ball of fire to be with.  There is so much planned to happen on the night that I think we will all have a great time.  The Candy Cart (sorry spelt it wrong before) is complete although I have not seen the finished article yet I will make sure I photograph it and post it here for you all to see.
 
 
Rambling again, but this is the first time I have been able to sit and type on the PC,  IPad is OK for little bits but as I am a touch typist I find is hard using a fiddly little keypad.  The youngster can rattle text messages off at a tremendous rate but I get on better using a bigger keyboard.  I promise to comment on more blogs over the next few days and I feel you all take the time to comment on my blog I should return the favour and do more..
 
Take care out there.
 
Wilma


 

16 comments:

  1. My goodness Wilma. You have been a busy bee. I love your card today. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Wilma, gorgeous dies and the pocke with flowers is so lovely.

    You've certainly been one busy lady, and yes time does fly, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wilma
    Lovely card in my favourite colour. The dies are fab.
    I know what my response to ungrateful rellies would be! You're one patient gal Wilma. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Wilma. I love the colour and the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wilma I think I agree with Ang, your sister need to be thankful you make cards for her, ok I have Patricia to make mine, I usually know what I would like and tell her or I say what card she has done before and ask for another, but never would I be ungrateful.
    You have been busy, love your card I like what you have done with those dies. Glad you liked my boxes. I have even taken the pattern off the flat box and altered it to make a deeper based box - really pleased with myself for doing it, like you I made it filled it and didn't photo it will do that tomorrow, I was in a hurry to get it finished and away off the table, had three loaves of bread to make up in sandwiches, party for son-in-laws 50th tonight, we weren't going as we said we would have the boys. That way they can relax and enjoy themselves plus it's all to much for me at the moment. Oh yes I hoovered up well I think I did but looking at the carpet I begin to wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wilma,
    What a superb card. I love this creation. So perfectly created.
    Love those dies too. Great colours used.
    You are always a very busy woman. I don't know how you find the time to craft, but I'm sure glad you do.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wilma what a gorgeous card, love your colours and pretty corner dies. If you google verses you will find plenty

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card Wilma, love the circle, with your pretty flowers, gorgeous colour.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wilma. Love this card and it is in my fave colour.
    Your family certainly keep you busy, I too have a sister like that LOL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Wilma. Fabulous colour. I love it!! Your younger sister sounds like my older sister. She seems to thrive on confrontation, whereas I hate it. My younger sister and I have a great relationship fortunately - just wish we were closer. It's amazing the difference in siblings isn't it? Have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Wilma,
    Wow you have been a busy lady, love your card, very pretty and I love lilac in any form.
    Must get down to some crafting this week did't get any done last week as we had one of our granddaughters to stay, we had a lovely week.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are always beautiful Wilma, don't let anyone put you down. My response has always been, "If you can do better.....", Verses for you to maybe have a look at
    http://starrynightsdiva.hubpages.com/hub/Greeting-Card-Verses good luck. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, this is gorgeous...hope you have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Wilma - I love your card so much (especially as it's my favourite colour)!! You have some gorgeous dies and I think the 'bouquet' of flowers is amazing.

    It is quite sad that you should sometimes feel intimidated by your sister - just remember you are doing her a favour when you make her cards and you really are clever with your designs.

    Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wilma this is lovely what a beautiful colour and the way you have assembled it is lovely.

    Thank you for your kind comments and best wishes for my enjoyment! :)
    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete