Tuesday 13 November 2012

Sitting by the fireplace

Another busy day, don't know how I worked full time and run a house, now I am retired there never seems to be enough hours in the day.  Maybe I was more organised and had to do things straight away but these days I seem to think about something then put it off for a while then before you know it it's time for something else to be done.  I am meeting up with Patricia http://patricia-summerhousecrafts.blogspot.co.uk and her sister Hazel tomorrow in Perth for a coffee and chat.  I am so looking forward to seeing them as I would love to pick Patricia's brains on how she produces such wonderful roses and of course her cards and Hazel pops up on our blogs now and then with her lovely comments on our achievements.
 
This card uses another Lili of the Valley images (I purchased a few at the SECC and have since ordered more online) bet you are all getting fed up seeing these images but they are so sweet.  I use the die cuts as my attempts at colouring them has not been too successful but I will persevere, I ain't no artist but enjoy cardmaking.  I feel the poinsettias are a bit heavy for this card, they are cut out of felt and maybe paper would have been better. What do you think ladies?
 
 
 
Ingredients
 
8 x 8 white Card
Backing paper Papermania Home for Christmas 12 x 12 paper pack
Red and Gold Card for stock
Lili of the Valley image with a bit of glitter (although you cannot see this in photo)
Red and Green Felt from www.myriadonline.co.uk
Spellbinders Labels One
Spellbinders Poinsettia
Twine from Papermania Home for Christmas
Sentiment and gems from stash
 
Once again I eagerly await your comments am off now to have a browse around as in the morning it's just a quickie and I love to see your creations in more depth at night.


Take care.

Wilma x x

19 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Wilma and such a lovely image...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilma, you echo my sentiments about being retired, I'm always looking for time, yet I worked full time and made Artist Teddy Bears too. Your card is beautiful and like you I love LOTV stamps. I love your felt poinsettias too. I hope you enjoy your day with Patricia & Hazel. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Wilma, I'm all for using these lovely LOTV die cuts. I've still got a lot of cards to make and they certainly speed things up!

    Hope you have a lovely day out tomorrow. I was in Perth last Thursday to meet my friend. She came up from Lanarkshire and we met at Dobbies. It was a gorgeous sunny day, we were very lucky.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat, we had a great chat, they are two lovely ladies and you came up in the conversation and we said we would have to invite you next time.

      Wilma x x

      Delete
  4. Love this card Wilma such a cute image love how you've coloured your little fury friends

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqui, I can't take the credit for colouring the image, I cheated and used the die cuts, they are so easy when you have a few cards to do.

      Wilma x x

      Delete
  5. Hi Wilma, such a lovely card, I love this stamp and have it but not got around to using it yet. Your colours are great and I don't think the flowers are too much.
    I've not yet managed to put your award on my blog, but I will when I work out how to do it.

    Have a lovely meet up with Hazel and Patricia, you can pick each others creative brains, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wilma,
    The image is really cute, you just have to say 'ahrrrrr soooooo cute' Love the flowers, my mum just pinched my red felt to make a hat for an owl she has made, keeps her amused while I go to work, lol.
    Have a great day tomorrow with Patricia and Hazel, it will be fun having a crafty chat over a coffee and a cream bun, wish I could come, hee hee.
    Take care, Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, we will have to include you next time.

      Wilma x x

      Delete
  7. hi Wilma, this is a beautiful card, love the cute image and gorgeous design.
    enjoy your day out with Patricia and her sister.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Wilma. love the way you have used the twine and your flowers are great. Hope you have a great day out. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to delete the first comment Wilma - had put a load of gobbledygook at the end when the keyboard stuck!!!
    Thanks for visiting and leaving me such lovely comments!
    This is a great card - I also use LOTV die cuts when I'm short on time - but I have tons of the stamps too... little blighters - can't help myself as they're all so yummy! Colouring is a case of practice makes perfect I think and although I am FAR from perfect it takes you back to your childhood using crayons!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wilma,
    another fabulous Christmas card. I love your papers that you have used, and that image is so sweet.
    I too am retired, but there still are not enough hours in the day for me, to do all I need to do. Still you do have your Mum to look after, which must take up quite a bit of your day. I think we are just slowing down with our age, and it takes us longer to do things. lol.
    Enjoy your coffee with the lovely sisters Patricia and Hazel.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Wilma,
    it's me again I forgot to say I love the felt poinsettias .
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wilma those Poinsettias are Brilliant, they are just fine.
    How about just one next time on a brooch back then the receiver could take it off and wear it.
    Go out to WORK...............certainly need 48 hours days to be able to do that now!!!!
    Our meeting fairly help me after such a horrible day on Tuesday.
    I think we got good idea from each other, it was great.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

  14. Wilma firstly thank you for yesterday. It was lovely meeting you and as Patricia said we got good ideas from each other. Look forward to another meeting in the new year. Oh by the way love your card
    I did think I had commented on it yesterday - where has the last 24 hrs gone. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Wilma, I love using felt to make these poinsettias..beautiful! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Wilma, your card is adorable! Love the cute image and the gorgeous poinsettias! Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete